Nabow is a One-Stop Destination for All the Latest and Greatest in the World of Technology News and Innovations.
⎯ 《 Nabow • Com 》
FTC hits Amazon with $25 million fine for violating child privacy with Alexa voice assistant
FTC hits Amazon with $25 million fine for violating child privacy with Alexa voice assistant
Amazon has agreed to pay a $25 million civil penalty to settle Federal Trade Commission allegations it violated a child privacy law and deceived parents by keeping for years kids’ voice and location data recorded by its Alexa voice assistant
2023-06-01 12:15
How to get NFL RedZone channel in 2023
How to get NFL RedZone channel in 2023
Trying to get NFL RedZone before the 2023 season starts? Here's everything you need to know about the football channel.
2023-09-11 01:26
Seoul Semiconductor Unveils 2nd-generation LED Technology for Future Displays at Display Week 2023
Seoul Semiconductor Unveils 2nd-generation LED Technology for Future Displays at Display Week 2023
ANSAN, South Korea--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 24, 2023--
2023-05-24 21:28
Microsoft changes its takeover of Call of Duty developer in attempt to get it approved
Microsoft changes its takeover of Call of Duty developer in attempt to get it approved
Microsoft has made a major change to its proposed takeover of the developer of Call of Duty, in yet another attempt to get it completed. The company is hoping to buy Activision Blizzard for $69 billion, or £54 billion, in what would be one of the biggest sales ever. But it has faced intense regulatory scrutiny, including by the UK’s Competition and Markets Authority, which has looked to block the deal. Now it has said that it has sent a fresh proposal for how the takeover would work in an attempt to convince the CMA that the deal should go ahead. But it has stressed that there is still no “green light” for the deal. It came as the regulator confirmed on Tuesday that Microsoft‘s original plan to buy the computer games company “cannot proceed”. Under the new proposal, Microsoft would sell off its rights to offer games via the cloud for new or existing Activision PC or console games for the next 15 years outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It will instead sell those rights to Ubisoft, a rival developer known for the Assassin’s Creed and Far Cry games series. This is designed to ensure that gamers have access to Activision Blizzard’s games, even on consoles and computers not made by Microsoft. The CMA will now launch a new probe into this deal, a so-called Phase 1 investigation. CMA chief executive Sarah Cardell said: “The CMA has today confirmed that Microsoft‘s acquisition of Activision, as originally proposed, cannot proceed. “Separately, Microsoft has notified a new and restructured deal, which is substantially different from what was put on the table previously “This is not a green light. We will carefully and objectively assess the details of the restructured deal and its impact on competition, including in light of third-party comments.” Microsoft president Brad Smith said: “Under the restructured transaction, Microsoft will not be in a position either to release Activision Blizzard games exclusively on its own cloud streaming service, Xbox Cloud Gaming, or to exclusively control the licensing terms of Activision Blizzard games for rival services.” It marks a new twist in the case, the biggest fight the CMA has taken on since gaining new post-Brexit powers. At one point the case looked like as though it would only end after a court battle. In January 2022 Microsoft announced that it planned to buy Activision Blizzard, the company behind the Call Of Duty and World Of Warcraft games, for an eye-watering sum. When the UK was still an EU member, a deal of that size would have been assessed by regulators in Brussels. But after Brexit the CMA now has the power to investigate such deals itself. Although both companies are American, both have significant businesses in the UK so their tie-up could have a significant impact on competition here. Activision Blizzard chief executive Bobby Kotick said: “For us, nothing substantially changes with the addition of this divestiture: our merger agreement with Microsoft, closing deadline, and the cash consideration to be paid for each Activision Blizzard share at closing remain the same. “We will continue to work closely with Microsoft and the CMA throughout the remaining review process, and we are committed to help Microsoft clear any final hurdles as quickly as possible. “This has been a longer journey than expected, and I am very proud of how focused everyone has remained on delivering great games.” Additional reporting by agencies Read More Meta could finally launch Threads feature everyone is waiting for Japanese scientists hoping for a message from alien life imminently iPhone 15 could bring two major changes to fix battery life Meta could finally launch Threads feature everyone is waiting for Japanese scientists hoping for a message from alien life imminently iPhone 15 could bring two major changes to fix battery life
2023-08-23 00:47
Amazon empowers Alexa with generative AI
Amazon empowers Alexa with generative AI
Amazon’s popular Alexa digital assistant is about to be supercharged with the powers of generative artificial intelligence, the company said on Wednesday, as the tech giant steps into the AI...
2023-09-21 04:54
As Susanna Gibson scandal explodes, Internet wants to know just one thing, 'what the hell is Chaturbate'
As Susanna Gibson scandal explodes, Internet wants to know just one thing, 'what the hell is Chaturbate'
Susanna Gibson is running in a competitive race to represent District 57 in Richmond
2023-09-12 14:49
TikTok is launching its own book awards
TikTok is launching its own book awards
BookTok is easily one of the most recognisable – and popular – communities on TikTok.
2023-05-22 23:23
Salesforce Extends Its Lead as Dow’s Top Performer. What Analysts Say It Needs to Do Now.
Salesforce Extends Its Lead as Dow’s Top Performer. What Analysts Say It Needs to Do Now.
Salesforce stock rises after the software company's latest earnings report. But analysts are still looking for evidence Salesforce can return to its historical revenue growth rates.
2023-11-30 18:48
Each State's Favorite Tourist Attraction, Mapped
Each State's Favorite Tourist Attraction, Mapped
Here's where residents of each state like to visit when it's time to travel.
2023-07-28 04:24
OnlyFans model says her X-rated account 'ruined' her mother's marriage
OnlyFans model says her X-rated account 'ruined' her mother's marriage
We’re used to hearing tales of OnlyFans creators who have been disowned by friends and loved-ones over their line of work. But one star of the platform has been left with “family trauma” over her content for a very different reason. Australian model Taila Maddison posted a TikTok on Tuesday detailing how she’d “ruined” her mum’s marriage after uncovering the true identity of her X-rated account's top subscriber. “When I first started my website, I had this customer who was my number one customer, bought every single thing that I sent him, he was pretty much a follower since the beginning,” she began her confession. Sign up for our free Indy100 weekly newsletter “We would talk every day, he made custom requests – very specific things – and he also had a very specific username on the website.” Within two months, he had spent $2,000 AUD (around £1,000) on raunchy pictures and videos of Taila. It was at this point that someone with the exact same username as the mystery man viewed her TikTok page, and she spotted a note saying that the person was “from [her] contacts.” “I went absolutely mental trying to figure out who this person was from my contacts,” she continued. “I narrowed it down to six people, and one of them was my stepdad. I went with my gut feeling and I messaged the website account and I said, ‘I know who this is.’ “Within two minutes, I got a text from my stepdad saying, ‘Hey Tai, can we talk?’” @ta1laaa Do we need a part 2??? #fup #viral #scandal #drama #tea In a follow-up video, Taila explained that her stepfather had been part of her life since she was 11 years old. “When I caught him, he denied it to all of his friends, and obviously my mum got rid of him straight away,” she confirmed. “But yeah, if you want to talk about family trauma, my stepdad watched me have sex with my partner for two months.” @ta1laaa TRAUMAAAAA #fyp #viral #drama #tea Her two videos racked up nearly two million views in just one day as commentators voiced their horror at the revelation. “That means he's been looking at you in that way since day one..a warning to all mothers here for sure,” one pointed out. “He’s probably still subscribed, but under a different username,” suggested another, to which Taila replied: “His phone is blocked, but [possibly] from another device!” “Are you OK?” asked a third. “That must have been really hard for you emotionally.” “I’m okay now,” Taila responded. “At the time I couldn’t leave the house for a couple of days. I was still working in retail and was too anxious to be at the shopping centre worried that he would be there.” Inevitably, scores of users wanted more details on the kind of content the disgraced stepdad was requesting. So Taila duly obliged in another follow-up. “Like I said, in a previous video, we messaged every single day on the website, and he would make requests almost every single day,” she said. “One of them was to see the underwear that I was wearing every day. At the time I was working still, so I was out of the house five days a week, and he would ask for pictures in the bathroom or the changing rooms of wherever I was. “He also requested that when I was filming solo content at home, that I would not do it in the bathroom or in the shower. He always wanted it to be on my bed or on the floor of my bedroom.” Further underlining the creepiness of his actions, she added: “He had access to this room every single day. He also was helping out do the washing at home with said underwear.” @ta1laaa I cant believe i did this #fyp #viral #drama #scandal Taila later confirmed that she had cut all contact with her now ex-stepdad and had blocked him “from my pages on all platforms”. “I have not heard from him since the day I called him out,” she said in an interview with The Daily Telegraph. “He wouldn’t even come into the house to collect his belongings while I was there.” She then urged other OnlyFans creators to get to grips with the fact that it is “highly likely someone from your school, gym, workplace or family is watching your every move”. Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings.
2023-05-17 20:55
OpenAI CEO tells US senators regulation is 'critical'
OpenAI CEO tells US senators regulation is 'critical'
Sam Altman, the chief executive of ChatGPT's OpenAI, told US lawmakers on Tuesday that regulating artificial intelligence was essential, after...
2023-05-16 23:57
Nexa3D Adds Metal 3D Printing Capabilities with ColdMetalFusion, Partners with Headmade Materials
Nexa3D Adds Metal 3D Printing Capabilities with ColdMetalFusion, Partners with Headmade Materials
VENTURA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sep 13, 2023--
2023-09-14 00:47