Nabow is a One-Stop Destination for All the Latest and Greatest in the World of Technology News and Innovations.
⎯ 《 Nabow • Com 》
StrikeReady Sweeps 2023 Golden Bridge Awards, Winning Startup of the Year in AI and Security Categories
StrikeReady Sweeps 2023 Golden Bridge Awards, Winning Startup of the Year in AI and Security Categories
PALO ALTO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jul 18, 2023--
2023-07-18 18:22
iPhone 15 and Pro: Apple opens sales for new line-up – but new orders might not be delivered for months
iPhone 15 and Pro: Apple opens sales for new line-up – but new orders might not be delivered for months
The iPhone 15 has gone on sale – though customers might struggle to actually get hold of one today. The four new versions of the iPhone as well as updated Apple Watches were revealed at an event in California last week, and opened for pre-orders on Friday, 15 September. A week later, those pre-orders have arrived in the hands of the first customers and the iPhones are now available in stores. In recent years, Apple has discouraged the long queues that used to greet the launch of the iPhone, instead encouraging people to pre-order online even if they intend to eventually pick them up in store. The new launch was nonetheless met with lines at large Apple Stores. Some versions of the phones are already showing long waiting periods until they are delivered, however. Most models of the iPhone 15 Pro Max are not expected to be delivered until the end of October – and some even later than that. Numerous rumours had suggested that Apple would increase the price of this year’s models. But in fact the cost remained the same – and was reduced in the UK, in a surprise move. The iPhone 15 line-up comes in four different options: the base iPhone 15, a Plus model, and the iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max. The iPhone 15 gets many of the upgrades that came to the Pro phones last year – an updated chip, better cameras and the “Dynamic Island” at the top of the screen – while this year’s Pro models feature a new titanium design, camera improvements and a much faster processor. It also released a new version of the Apple Watch, the Series 9, which brings an improved display and a “Double Tap” feature that lets people control the device just by using their hands. The Apple Watch Ultra was also updated to get that feature.
2023-09-22 22:23
Apple Confirms Some Screen Time Limits for Kids Aren't Working
Apple Confirms Some Screen Time Limits for Kids Aren't Working
If you’ve been thinking your kids seem to be getting a lot more screen time
2023-07-31 06:25
ESG Veteran Says Purge Has Further to Go With ETFs Next in Line
ESG Veteran Says Purge Has Further to Go With ETFs Next in Line
The bad year that a lot of ESG investors are having may be about to get even worse.
2023-11-09 16:54
Gastro Care Partners Chooses ModMed to Help Accelerate its Operational Excellence
Gastro Care Partners Chooses ModMed to Help Accelerate its Operational Excellence
BOCA RATON, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sep 7, 2023--
2023-09-07 20:15
AT&T Falls to 29-Year Low Amid Concerns of Cleanup Costs
AT&T Falls to 29-Year Low Amid Concerns of Cleanup Costs
AT&T Inc. shares hit an almost three-decade low Friday amid growing concerns of the potentially high costs the
2023-07-15 00:52
Entering AI era, Taiwan chip industry urges speeding up renewables push
Entering AI era, Taiwan chip industry urges speeding up renewables push
By Sarah Wu HSINCHU, Taiwan (Reuters) -Taiwan's chip industry is ready to work with the government to achieve its 2050
2023-10-27 17:47
Meta's new AI dating coach doesn't want to chat about sex
Meta's new AI dating coach doesn't want to chat about sex
Meta’s new artificial intelligence dating coach might be happy to provide pointers on how to flirt and kiss – but it also appears to be a bit of a prude. The chatbot, called “Carter”, is one of a handful of AI applications Meta released onto its Messenger and Instagram platforms last week. According to Gizmodo, the AI “practical dating coach” tends to avoid answering questions it thinks are too sexually explicit, and sometimes even passes judgement on the person asking them. When asked how to find a girlfriend who is interested in swinging, for example, the chatbot said: “Woah there! I don’t think that’s a good idea. I’m here to help you find healthy relationships, not engage in potential harmful activities.” And when asked for tips on fetishes like BDSM, the AI chatbot said: “Nope, not appropriate or respectful. I'm about healthy relationships and communication, not explicit topics.” Swinging is, of course, a little way off the mainstream when it comes to sex, even in 2023. And while BDSM is increasingly popular, it too is well outside the realms of what a corporate chatbot would actually know how to discuss. But potentially harmful? Really? Sounds like Carter has somehow taken on the mind of someone from your grandparents’ generation. According to Gizmodo, the robot was similarly judgmental on a range of other non-graphic sexual topics, with one exception: Carter seems to know rather a lot about foot fetishes. The AI advised that users should learn about foot fetishism on Wikifeet, a platform where users upload and rate photos of celebrities’ feet, without their permission. Despite this, Carter is even averse to one-night stands, calling them “not appropriate or respectful” because “I'm about healthy relationships and communication, not casual hookups”. “Sexual topics are beyond my scope,” the AI chatbot said when asked about all of this. “Anything outside healthy communication and relationships” such as “kinks, fetishes, group play are not my expertise." Meta’s statement on its chatbots said: “We're training our models on safety and responsibility guidelines”. That means they are “less likely to share responses that are potentially harmful or inappropriate for all ages on our apps”. Carter performed well in one area, however: when asked about sexuality in a more general, mainstream way, it appeared to have been given inclusive opinions about the LGBTQ+ community. That’s a small relief, eh? Sign up to our free Indy100 weekly newsletter Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings.
2023-10-10 22:59
Funds Urge Toyota to Boost Disclosure Around Climate Lobbying
Funds Urge Toyota to Boost Disclosure Around Climate Lobbying
European investors have urged Toyota Motor Corp. to improve disclosure of its lobbying on climate change ahead of
2023-05-10 18:17
Telltale Games confirms studio job losses
Telltale Games confirms studio job losses
Telltale Games has confirmed reports of layoffs at the studio but says that projects such as 'The Wolf Among Us 2' are still in development.
2023-10-06 18:21
BlackRock, Vanguard Among Firms Blocking Key ESG Votes: Study
BlackRock, Vanguard Among Firms Blocking Key ESG Votes: Study
The world’s biggest asset managers are consistently voting against proposals intended to protect biodiversity, as one of the
2023-05-24 07:19
Scientists think they’ve finally solved the mystery of how the dinosaurs went extinct
Scientists think they’ve finally solved the mystery of how the dinosaurs went extinct
It’s one of the questions which has fascinated scientists for hundreds of years, but how did the dinosaurs really go extinct? Well, new research might have just solved the mystery once and for all. Of course, most people are familiar with the fact that an asteroid struck the Earth around 66 million years ago, but fewer people might know that the object measured a whopping 10 to 15 kilometres wide and landed in Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula. Fewer people still might know that while it sparked all sorts of devastation, including earthquakes and megatsunamis, and now experts have revealed that what might have really proved fatal for the dinosaurs was the dust that it caused. We’re not talking a little bit of dust, either. Trillions of tons of the stuff was released into the atmosphere when then asteroid struck. The damage done by this dust is explored in the new report published by Nature Geoscience. So much was released, in fact, that it caused a “global winter”, with huge clouds of silicate dust and sulphur causing temperatures to drop by 15C. The lack of light would have caused entire ecosystems to collapse, causing 75 per cent of species to be rendered extinct. The effects of the dust could have blocked out sunlight for as long as two years, which according to the Belgium researchers who led the study is what would have killed off dinosaurs gradually – rather than being killed off straight away by the asteroid. It is, however, what eventually led to other life forms emerging and ultimately the development of the human race. "Dinos dominated Earth and were doing just fine when the meteorite hit," co-author of the study and planetary scientist Philippe Claeys said. "Without the impact, my guess is that mammals - including us - had little chance to become the dominant organisms on this planet." Sign up for our free Indy100 weekly newsletter How to join the indy100's free WhatsApp channel Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings
2023-11-07 19:20