
Pennsylvania Convention Center Authority Connects Approximately 1 Million Annual Guests Across More Than 2 Million Sq. Ft. With HPE Aruba Networking Wi-Fi 6E Infrastructure
HOUSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sep 19, 2023--
2023-09-19 20:24

What happened to xQc? Fans concerned after police car spotted outside streamer’s home in ‘house tour’ video
'I’m heading out. Thank you for helping out,' xQc was heard saying to the police officer at the end of the video
2023-06-08 13:47

Azul and Reliable Robotics Collaborate to Improve Aviation Safety and Connectivity in South America with Advanced Aircraft Automation
SÃO PAULO & MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jun 22, 2023--
2023-06-22 21:17

Vision Pro: Apple starts letting developers make apps for its upcoming headset
Apple will start letting developers make apps for its upcoming ‘Vision Pro’ headset. The company has released its software development kit, or SDK, for VisionOS, the operating system that will run on the hardware. Apple announced its new headset at its Worldwide Developers Conference, earlier this month. It said then that the hardware would be available “early next year”, but that developers would be able to start creating experiences for it before then. Now it has released the first part of that work, in the form of that SDK. It gives developers the tools they need to start creating what Apple calls “spatial experiences” for the headset. Apple hopes developers will be able to “utilise the powerful and unique capabilities of Vision Pro and visionOS to design brand-new app experiences across a variety of categories including productivity, design, gaming, and more”. Next month, Apple will start holding labs in a range of cities – Cupertino, London, Munich, Shanghai, Singapore, and Tokyo – where developers will be able to submit their apps and actually test them on Vision Pro hardware. Apple engineers will also be on hand to ensure that the apps work on the new platform, Apple said. Development teams will also be able to apply for developer kits that will allow them to test their apps in their own facilities. Apple gave no information on what sort of form those kits would take – how similar they will be to the hardware that will eventually be released, for instance, and what restrictions they will have – or which and how many developers would get through that application process. Apple’s Vision Pro software is built on the foundational technology from other Apple platforms such as iOS and MacOS, and developers are able to use the same tools and frameworks to build apps for the new hardware. But as a “spatial computer”, the Vision Pro also requires entirely new ways of using apps, and so developers will likely need to test their apps on the platform to ensure they actually work as apps within the headset. “Apple Vision Pro redefines what’s possible on a computing platform. Developers can get started building visionOS apps using the powerful frameworks they already know, and take their development even further with new innovative tools and technologies like Reality Composer Pro, to design all-new experiences for their users,” said Susan Prescott, Apple’s vice president of worldwide developer relations. “By taking advantage of the space around the user, spatial computing unlocks new opportunities for our developers, and enables them to imagine new ways to help their users connect, be productive, and enjoy new types of entertainment. We can’t wait to see what our developer community dreams up.” Apple released the SDK, as well as new versions of its development tools, on its developer website. It is also publishing a range of tools aimed at developers, including new guidelines for how those Vision Pro apps should actually look and work. Read More The Apple Watch is getting some major changes this year – here’s why Apple seeks trademark of ‘actual apple’, Swiss fruit association says The new iPhone could have a major clue about Apple’s headset
2023-06-22 05:47

Gravity to Start the Global Pre-registration for a Mobile Relaxing Idle Game ‘WITH: Whale In The High’
SEOUL, South Korea--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 9, 2023--
2023-05-09 18:25

Ukrainian pupil to buy home for his mother after selling Minecraft server
For most teenagers Minecraft remains just a hobby, but one Ukrainian schoolboy’s love for the game has meant he can now afford to buy his homeless mother a house. Lomond School pupil Maksym Gavrylenko has made a “substantial” sum after selling the server he ran from his bedroom, which allows gamers from all over the world to connect to and play together on, with friends. The 17-year-old boarding school pupil said: “I am very proud that I was able to turn my passion into a profitable business and I plan on treating my mother. “As a result of the war, she was forced to flee her home, leaving her homeless, so to buy her a property will make all the hours spent on this project worthwhile.” She is currently staying with friends in Portugal, but intends to settle close to her son. Other family members of Maksym’s remain in his war-torn homeland. His grandparents would not leave Kyiv, having lived there their whole lives, and his sister stayed in the country as her partner had to sign up to defend Ukraine. Making enough money from selling the gaming company he set up to buy his mother a house was something he never expected, the teenager said, with he and his friends embarking upon the project for fun. “We never imagined it would develop into a viable business opportunity, but with guidance from my brother who works in tech, and the school, I was encouraged to explore the possibilities to turn it into something bigger,” Maksym said. His success comes after he moved from Ukraine to Scotland in 2021 and bought a little-used Minecraft server for £1,000, and in the years that followed he and two friends made changes which resulted in a huge rise in players. Along with this, advertisers were attracted to the server, and its value increased. And because of the influx, Lomond School said a lucrative offer was made by a tech firm, which was accepted in May this year. I have no doubt that this won’t be the last we hear about one of Maksym’s business ventures Johanna Urquhart, Lomond School principal Now with one business success under his belt, Maksym wants to expand on his knowledge by going to university and has applied to a mixture of UK and overseas universities. “I don’t know what the future holds, but I’ve always had an interest in business having worked as a part-time translator and a writer in Ukraine,” said the student, who studies at the school in Helensburgh, in Argyll and Bute. “As well as having a passion for gaming, I really enjoyed the entrepreneurial side of our project, and I have applied to universities around the world to study business management.” His preferred choice for university is south of the border in England. Johanna Urquhart, Lomond School principal, said what Maksym had achieved was “absolutely incredible”. “I have no doubt that this won’t be the last we hear about one of Maksym’s business ventures,” she said. Read More Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live Legislation needed to protect data from AI ‘ghostbots’, say researchers Banking app feature allows economic abuse survivors to mute malicious messages Augmented reality headset Vision Pro is ‘most advanced device ever’ – Apple
2023-06-07 07:17

Survey Reveals: Employers Using AI and Automation Technologies Screen, Interview Talent Faster
PHILADELPHIA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jun 29, 2023--
2023-06-29 21:51

Majority of Canadian Construction Firms Express Confidence about Market Conditions: Procore Survey
TORONTO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jun 22, 2023--
2023-06-22 20:23

Zalando Fights EU Designation of Retailer as Big Online Platform
German online fashion retailer Zalando SE is fighting the European Union’s decision to add it to a list
2023-06-27 15:18

Comcast Welcomes Veteran External Affairs Director Back to Southwest Florida
FORT MYERS, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jun 16, 2023--
2023-06-16 20:16

Battle of the Boyne: Why is it in the iPhone calendar and what is it?
The Battle of the Boyne has arrived – a moment greeted with incredible significance by some people in the UK, and confusion by others. The event is a public holiday in Northern Ireland and marks one of the most controversial and important parts of British history. And it is marked by a message in people's iPhone calendar, which has the tendency to confuse some people who see it. For people in Northern Ireland, that fact is obvious: they have the day off, and the controversial celebrations are hard to miss. But for the rest of the UK, the only reminder might be a cryptic note inside their iPhone calendar. What is the Battle of the Boyne? Historically, the name refers to the 1690 event where the Catholic King James II's troops were defeated by the Protestant William III. Nowadays, it is an annual bank holiday that commemorates the same battle. The original battle was of incredible significance not only to the history of Ireland but across Europe. It brought about the conclusion of a fight for the throne in England and is a key part of the ascendency of Protestants in Ireland. Now each year, the holiday takes place on 12 July, an event known as "The Twelfth". It is commemorated by the Protestant community, and it is often marked by confrontations in Northern Ireland. Why is it in my iPhone? The iPhone keeps a full log off all the public or bank holidays in the UK, or wherever else your phone happens to be. That can be very useful because Except sometimes it will throw up strange examples, such as the Battle of the Boyne. The reminder might be very useful for people in Northern Ireland – but for the rest of the UK, where people don't have the day off, it probably mostly useless. That's because the calendar counts every holiday in the UK, even if it does not apply to you. The different parts of the UK have different holidays, and each of them show up in the calendar. It doesn't just include the Battle of the Boyne. The calendar will also show all of the Scottish bank holidays – such as the extra day off at New Year, and the different summer bank holiday – as well as St Patrick's Day, for which people in Northern Ireland are given a holiday too. How do I get rid of it? In short, you can't. The calendar isn't really yours, but is created by Apple, meaning that you can't change it either. You can get rid of the calendar entirely – that is done by clicking the "Calendars" button at the bottom of the screen and deleting or hiding the UK bank holidays one – but that will mean you'll also lose the entire calendar along with it. You could of course recreate the functionality by adding the dates yourself, but that is difficult since some bank holidays tend to move around depending on how days line up. You can add and subscribe to custom calendars on your iPhone, using links that can be found on the internet. The trouble is that all of the examples for bank holidays – such as the one provided by the UK government – also include the Battle of the Boyne. You can make the event slightly less irritating, by turning off any alarms that are associated with it. That is done by clicking on the event on your iPhone and pressing the "alert" button, where you can choose "none". But either the event stays, or you lose all the other bank holidays. Read More New iPhone software stops hackers getting into handsets through USB Why the Battle of the Boyne has made its way into your iPhone Twitter gets strange endorsement from Taliban over rival Threads Instagram Threads hits 100 million users
2023-07-11 17:55

Royal website subject to ‘denial of service attack’, royal source says
The royal website was subject to a “denial of service attack”, a royal source has said. It was down for an hour-and-a-half on Sunday morning from 10am. A denial of service attack means the site was bombarded by traffic, which caused it to stop working, the source said. It is not the same as hacking, in which whoever is responsible actually gets into a website and the site is compromised. Neither the content nor the systems of the royal website were accessed on Sunday. It is currently unknown who is responsible for the cyber attack, the source said. The site is now up and running as usual. Read More Charity boss speaks out over ‘traumatic’ encounter with royal aide Ukraine war’s heaviest fight rages in east - follow live
2023-10-01 21:47
You Might Like...

How Fake AI Photo of a Pentagon Blast Went Viral and Briefly Spooked Stocks

What is MrBeast's latest philanthropic act? YouTuber encourages fans to watch video and contribute, Internet asks 'generational wealth?'

News Corp in negotiations with AI companies over content usage - CEO

Singapore’s MAS Pumps $6 Billion Into Climate Transition

Are Pokimane and Kevin Kim in relationship? Twitch queen unveils dating red and green flags to watch out for

Jake Paul and Presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy's viral TikTok dance video breaks internet: 'What a dying campaign looks like'

LEAK: Apex Legends Storm Point Map Changes

Crypto Exchange Bullish Plans to Apply for License in Hong Kong